Ready to Book a Make Your Own Pottery Class?
To book your East Tennessee pottery experience, use the form below to request a reservation. Once you have completed the form below, one of our team members will contact you to confirm your reservation.
We try our best to accommodate most individual needs. If you have any accessibility needs, please let us know by email prior to arrival.
Make a Pot
The Make a Pot Experience shows guests the process of making a small bowl or vase. A Fowler’s Instructor will assist in the process of wheel throwing. After the student has created their piece, the instructor will take shipping info and glaze color choice.
**Must be 6 years old. Participants who are not of age will not be able to attend.**
Class time: 1 Hour
Price: $50 per person, includes shipping, materials, and class
Make a Mug
Each class will start with an instructor lead lesson, then students will get a ball of clay to do a practice run. This allows the participant to go through the motions, get a feel for what to expect as the clay turns through their hands. After the practice run each person will be guided through forming their own beverage mug. At the end of the forming process you will receive a handle blank that you can shape into that perfect fit for your one of kind mug.
**Must be 12 years old. Participants who are not of age will not be able to attend.**
Class time: 2 Hours
Price: $65 per person, includes shipping, materials, and class
Please read before booking.
To ensure our classes run smoothly and everyone is able to make a pot they’re proud of, please read the following guidelines. If these guidelines are not adhered to, you may have difficulties in class or, in some cases, not be able to participate.
- Only one extra person per group is allowed to spectate! We have limited studio space, so book for the number of people who will be in the classroom.
- WE HIGHLY SUGGEST TRIMMING YOUR NAILS! If you are someone who wears fake nail extensions, consider getting them removed before the day of the class. Nails that extend past the fingertip can be a hindrance in the pottery-making process.
- Show up 5-10 minutes before your scheduled class time. Classes will start promptly at the scheduled time. If you are late, you may not be able to join the class, and your deposit will not be refunded. Traffic in the Gatlinburg-Pigeon Forge area can be unpredictably busy, so please give yourself plenty of travel time. For your deposit to be refunded for a cancellation, we must be alerted 48 hours in advance via email (email@example.com).
- Children who do not meet the age requirements for the class will not be able to participate. Additionally, all children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a participating adult.
- December through March, we may cancel classes due to snow or icy conditions. If this is the case for your class time, Fowler’s will email and call to notify you of cancellation, and if we cannot reschedule, you will be refunded deposits immediately.
Potter’s Wheel Accessibility
The Fowler’s Clay Works Family is committed to providing a safe and comfortable learning environment for all our participants. Our instructors can modify the arrangement of the wheel, placement of hands, etc., for each participant. Please notify us of any accessibility needs at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your arrival.